Parents & Co: New Baby & Beyond
Parents & Co six week course 'New Baby & Beyond' covers common issues that parents face with new born babies in their first 6 months.
Parents & Co courses offer support, advice and solutions in a relaxed and informal environment whilst your baby/child feeds, sleeps or plays!
Our 'New Baby & Beyond' courses are a great way to make new friends, share experiences, gain further knowledge & skills to be a more confident parent.
Included in our course are supporting materials on each topic; and a complimentary tea, coffee or soft drink at each session.
This six week course covers the following topics:
Week 1 Meet & Greet & Introduction to Baby Massage:
This session is a great opportunity to discover what topic’s we will be covering an introduction to Baby Massage, and in future weeks, sleeping, teething, weaning, baby development activity ideas, & childcare options. You will get to freely chat about your own experiences with parenthood, meet other local mums and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea and a piece of cake!
- During this session you will learn about and hopefully find answers to the following questions:
- What are expected babies sleep cycles?
- How much sleep your baby needs? How to achieve a better nights sleep?
- How you establish good sleep routines?
- How you can use different comforting techniques, sleeping aids and products?
- Our sleep expert will also discuss and answer many of the questions a new mum wants to ask about baby sleep and they will offer advice, support and encouragement.
During this session you will learn:
- When to start weaning?
- How to read the signs your baby is ready?
- What foods to introduce? Explore simple recipes you can cook for your baby.
- Baby led weaning V's Traditional Weaning Method
- Sample some yummy weaning foods.
- Look at good weaning products.
- Discuss weaning baby from a dummy and from bottle or breast to cup.
During this session we will discuss:
- Signs and symptoms of teething;
- When babies get their teeth?
- Tips on how to make teething easier;
- Suggest remedies that may offer relief for your teething baby.
- Look at products and teething aids.
Week 5 Infant First Aid: delivered by Lara Hyams from Baby Natal First Aid
During this session we will discuss:
- Tips on dealing with choking
- Burns & Scalds
- High temperatures
- Essential knowledge for new mums
During this week we will explore:
- Baby development from birth to around 6 months old,
- Practical play activity ideas,
- How you can start developing a baby’s imagination
- Enjoy a taster music session from a baby music group.
- Assess the different child-care options available,
- Discuss the credentials to look for when employing a nanny, au-pair, child minder or nursery school
Thank you Karen for providing an invaluable insight into some hot topics surrounding the care of newborn babies. I particularly enjoyed baby sensory, I have noticed my little one really enjoying playtime now, the stimulation has also promoted better sleep too.
It was a pleasure to take part on the course, I will be lost on Wednesday mornings now! I would highly recommend the course to new mums looking for some friendly advice/hoping to expand their mummy circle.
Booking and cancellation policy:
Your Parents & Co course/workshop is only guaranteed once full payment has been received.
If you cancel less than 2 weeks before the start date of your chosen course/workshop, no refund will be given.
If you cancel 2-6 weeks before the start of your chosen course/workshop, 50% refund will be offered.
If you cancel 6 weeks or more before the start date of your chosen course/workshop, a full refund will be offered.
If you book onto a course but wish to postpone to the next available course, then an administrative charge of £15 will apply.
We have the right to remove or exclude anyone from the course/workshop at any stage entirely at our discretion.
Speakers, topics, dates and course venues are subject to change.
If you miss a session at one of our courses it may be possible to attend the missed session at the next available course, subject to space being available.